An eye witness account of the explosion that rocked Kano on Monday suggest that figures for the dead are well over a hundred.
Danny (as known on Twitter) reports that there were no less than four bomb blasts, adding that “the first and the second were the worst that got people killed and injured”.
The explosions hit a motor park located opposite the Holy Trinity Church, New Road, Sabon Gari area of Kano, which was the loading point for luxury buses that ply routes to and from Lagos and the eastern part of the country.
The station was attacked by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram in January, 2012 in an explosion that left several people wounded.
While some said the latest attack was caused by IEDs kept inside one of the luxurious buses about to leave Kano for Lagos, other account suggest that a vehicle laden with explosives was parked at the bus station.
Danny who was just a street away from the bus park when the first explosion occurred, noted on getting close to the spot that “the casualties can’t be counted” and later added that “over 106 dead bodies (were) recovered”.
In strong terms, he said “(Of the) 3 buses that were fully loaded no one escaped”.
He also observed that only one police vehicle with 5 military personnel was sighted as at the time the second bomb exploded. By now, the area had been thrown into pandemonium with vehicles crashing into whatever stands on their way. The stampede that followed got many people running helter skelter and getting injured in the process of fleeing for safety.
News Bytes had reported that the area has been cordoned off and the dead and injured evacuated.
Leave your comment here